Dienstag, 15. Juni 2010

Week three - the vet again and being socialized

Orion has settled in rather fast and he took over our hears as well as all parts of the flat.
By now he owns a giant dog-bed (120 times 80 cm) and raised pair of bowls for food and water so he can eat without "kneeing on the floor" a harness, a collar, different leads, a proper dog tag (yes he's registered) and a rabies-shot tag.

We went to the vet again. Orion is still limping a little, but I'm positive that he'll be fine soon. He likes his food that by now contains Pankreoflat (for his digestion) and Devil's claw (for his joints). He shows no fear from the vet and so it was not at all a problem to get his rabies shot.

We walk a little longer now and we meet other dogs. In General it's not a problem, but about every 10th dog is not what Orion likes so he growls and barks immediately. I generally keep him off the lead wearing a muzzle (the dog, not I). Once he shows he's friendly the muzzle is taken off, especially in dog-zones.

Orion gets breakfast before me and Thursday he enjoyed a second breakfast. I prepared everything in the kitchen (coffee, toast, liver-paste) and went to the bedroom to gt my glasses, so I can read the newspaper (Yes I am this old by now). While I was not in the kitchen Orion managed to steal the liver paste from the table and in no time managed to eat it. So he had an extra breakfast containing liver paste with lingonberry and I had toast, plain toast. I think there's a little work to be done to keep his head off the table.

We went to a restaurant meeting friends this week. I was not sure about Orion's reaction to a couple of strangers in a new surrounding, but he did very well. Off course he growled a little at the beginning, but in the end he walked around in the whole restaurant, got cuddles from everybody and rested right in the middle of the way, so the waitress had to step over him.

The weekend meant meeting more family members as we went to my parent's place where Orion will spend two weeks in summer while we are on holiday. He behaved like a normal dog and even the neighbor's dog was no problem at all. Mischa and Orion enjoyed a weekend on the countryside with swimming, longer walks and running in the garden.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen